Monday 13 June 2011

Personality Power - The Kleeneze Lady Way

Over on my other blog, I've written about the power of your personality and the importance of living life according to your values.

In the past couple of days, I got a nice reminder of just how valuable that is.

On Friday, I finally managed to deliver an order to a new customer. After a number of texts re-arranging a date and time, I arrived at her house to be invited in to the garden for a much appreciated glass of Cabernet Sauvignon. We spent a lovely 45 minutes discussing elements of our lives and I left with a warm glow that wasn't alcohol induced.

I also know a lot more about the current issues facing the public sector, which has left me much more sympathetic to the problems they face regarding pension contribution increases, etc. Not everybody has sufficient disposable income to cope with having to pay more into their pensions to realise the same projected value, which means many will have reduced pensions.

On Sunday, I accompanied my mother to the wettest hog roast I hope to experience. Whilst there, I was greeted with genuine friendship by Gwen Hotten, Rugby's Mayor, who I haven't seen for years.

I must be doing something right if I generate that sort of goodwill in both complete strangers and old friends.

I choose to believe that it's my personal values shining through. It's a great confidence booster, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment