Wednesday 2 March 2011

90 Day Plan - Day 1 - Getting Organised

For years, I've shied away from being thought of as "managing". That one word always summed up visions of the headmistress at my all-girls' grammar school; think of a slim version of Margaret Rutherford (the original Miss Marple) crossed with one of Maggie Smith's less endearing characters, such as Constance, Countess of Trentham in Gosford Park, and you've got the idea.

Trouble is, that means I've also avoided being organised, and that's not a good thing when you're a single mum with a 105 minute commute, a full-time career and a minimal social life who is trying to build up her Kleeneze business.

I have bought Eat That Frog! and Getting Things Done: How to Achieve Stress-free Productivityand I'm working my way through both of them at the moment.

It has to be said, though, that the best thing I've done so far is set up my own CRM application. With a little self-discipline, I have all my customer and prospect documentation in one place, so that no matter where I am, I can access it easily. Not only that, but I have a 90 day plan drafted out. I'm putting the finishing touches to it tonight.

Next step, putting the plan into action. My enthusiasm's back, I'm fired up and ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment